Social Media Marketing…. Are you IN or OUT? For financial advisors.
If you want to look at it this way…. If you don’t want to join everyone else on social media, you are going to be left behind… its evolving into the business communication landscape of the future.
Yes… there are the majority that are using social media to stay in touch with friends, sharing updates with relatives and posting pictures of their vacation ( I do it all the time), but that’s not all that social media is good for. It IS a way of reaching out to new prospects. Prospecting in itself is an art on social media that needs time and patience.
Did you know that 90% of potential clients cannot find their advisor online? Are you one of those that are opting out of this business opportunity?
Some of the reasons for not “being there “that I’ve heard lately that just don’t make sense:
• “Compliance regulations are too strict”. I have working with advisors from different Broker Dealers and yes, they all have their own compliance restrictions. Not only on which platforms to you are allowed to use, but how to use them and what and what not can be said… SO, go with the flow, follow the regulations and be aware of what you are saying, it’s not that hard. If you have questions, submit it to compliance for review. If the item is going to be static, it has to go to them, if it is going on your profile as an update, all you have to do is sign up for an archiving system and WATCH what you put up.
• “I do enough marketing and I have my strategies there”. I don’t understand how to carry social media strategies on-line. Think in terms of your advertising, your collateral material and your email…. It’s all integrated with your message. Same with social media… INTEGRATE what you are saying in your traditional marketing you can say online.
• “Where do I start?” Determine what networks your clients and prospects are most active on and start there! It takes time and patience, but you will be able to determine what platforms your clients are on.
• “I don’t have the time”. If you really don’t have the time to take a leap… take those baby steps…. Listen… listen….learn… and join in. Spend 10 minutes a day on different platforms. In all honesty you are probably only allowed 3 or 4 (compliance is pretty ridged about that). If you can’t do it yourself, allocate it to someone in your office who will be your Voice .
• . OR you could always call us … Marketech Interactive is the Voice of many advisors on multiple platforms.
Remember, social media marketing is there, waiting for you but your clients aren’t waiting.
Remember to read our other blogs… there is a lot of information on our website, including how to contact us, what we actually do for you and HOW WE DO IT FOR YOU !